Project IDENTITIES: MUCH MORE THAN CARDS (IMMCs)
K2 Strategic Partnerships for adult education in the period of 2016 and 2018.
The name of the project:
IDENTITIES: MUCH MORE THAN CARDS
Agreement No 2016-1-LV01-KA204-022701
Type of fund: Erasmus + K2
Financed by: European Union – Program LLP
Duration: 2 years (from 01/10/2016 to 30/09/2018)
Dobele Trainig Centre (Latvia)
– NGO Dobele Training centre (Dobeles mācību centrs), LV
– Agrupamento de Escolas D. Sancho I, PT
– Aiforia GmbH, DE
– Club Senior Nordstad, LU
– Cramars società cooperativa sociale, IT
– Magnesia Eğitim ve Kültür Derneği, TR
A lot of the European countries have a long history of welcoming migrants in their societies starting from the post-war period and until today, and a lot of valuable experience has been gained through exploring different approaches for inter-cultural communication and integration into their cultures. However, there is no singular “migrant culture” and trying to integrate people with migratory background means operating in a varied field of different cultures, languages, traditions and religions.
The Project target group:
Migrants arriving in Europe and their integration into society through education with a focus on entrepreneurship. Thus, the project needs to be carried out transnationally because the cultural, environmental or other contextual factors differ from one country to other.
The project aim:
To develop adapted training methodologies for adults in order to increase their motivation to learn and to counter their feelings of resignation and apathy. Thus, methodologically the project will be learner and staff/trainer oriented.From transnational perspective the project will allow to focus more at the migrant cultures instead of respective recipient countries. It is expected to exchange and learn about the different migrants’ cultures and approaches on how they can be best addressed for an openness to inter-cultural exchange and acceptance and possible adaptation to the culture in the host country.
The main results of the project:
– Survey of the migrants to find out their points of contact for engagement in the social and cultural life of their new places of living and needs for integration.
– Training programme focused on entrepreneurship, tailored for migrants elaborated, tested and made available on-line through an e-platform so that it could be used freely after completion of the Project. It will be 90 hours-long and consist of 6 modules.
– Trainers trained in the use of the new training methods for working with migrants developed within the project.
– Experience gained from partner countries regarding the procedure/plan of the integration process of migrants carried out in their country/region.
Referents: Brigita Tivča – email@example.com, mobile +371 29450713